I made a couple of options trades over my vacation to Europe. I sold 1 WM Apr 20 '13 $30 Put @ 1.35 & I sold 1 DOW Jan 19'13 $28 Put @ 1.33. I've updated these trades on my options page.
If assigned I'll have a YOC of 4.95% on WM and 4.8% on DOW not counting commissions. This would also lower my average cost. I'll be happy however these trades turn out.
I'll be posting a September update as well soon.
I was wondering where you had gone. I noticed it'd been over 2 weeks since an update. Hope Europe was great. I might be getting a chance to go over there next summer which will be great. I've been looking at some DOW puts recently. Thinking about using it just to collect option premiums along the way. Sell puts til it's put to me, then sell calls til it's called away. Good to have you back. Although you might not feel the same.
ReplyDeleteHi PIP. It is good to be back. I had a blast but sometimes you need a vacation from a vacation and that's exactly how I feel. I'm been on a put selling frenzy. I have quite a few now open so I'll start to slow down for a while and make outright purchases.
DeleteI bet the trip was a blast, welcome back! I'm a little jealous, I'd like to spend more time in Europe.
ReplyDeleteLooks like you'll win either way with those puts. Sound strategy for companies you want to own anyways.
Thanks CI. It's good to be back. The wife and I are talking about having kids so we were trying to get a few trips out of the way while we still can. Europe was great, I visited 5 cities in 10 days. There's also a lot more smokers in Europe than here, another reason for my most recent purchase this morning.
Delete