Saturday, January 19, 2013

Options Expired - NSC, BBVA, TSM

I had 2 puts expire worthless and 100 shares of TSM called away on 01/19.

I sold 4 BBVA Jan 19 '13 puts @ .40  on 09/04/12 and collected $160 in premiums.

I sold 1 NSC Jan 19 '13 put @ 2.10 on 10/25/12 and collected $210 in premiums.

I sold a $15 TSM Jan 19 '13 Call @ .91 back in September.  These shares were originally in my "income" portfolio which is now combined as one portfolio.  My cost basis was $11.22/share on TSM so I ended up with a nice profit.  However, shares of TSM have been on a tear, closing at $18.14 on Friday.  I left money on the table but I wanted to lose the shares. 

I've already made $143 from another put I closed out with NSC early January mentioned here.

All of these trades are updated on my options tab.

My total premiums for January are $513!  What a great way to start the new year!  I wonder if 2013 will bring more income from options trading or from dividend income.  It will be interesting how it plays out.

4 comments:

  1. We're not even a full 3 weeks into the year and you've already brought in over $500 in premiums. That's awesome. I'm probably going to be selling some puts soon. I'm looking forward collecting some extra premiums.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just had a lot of expirations in January. I don't expect to keep that pace going forward. It is nice to have the premiums in addition to the dividend income though. Take care!

      Delete
  2. I like your performance. Agree with PIP above, 500 in premiums in three weeks is excellent. That's why I love options as well, but have to learn them well, they can be dangerous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Martin,

      That's why I try to stick to simple options trading, mainly selling puts against companies I'd like to own anyways. There isn't a lot of risk that way. I tend to stay away from too many speculative trades. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete