Well, it's time again for another monthly update. Man, this summer is just flying by!
Below is a summary of my activity for the month:
New Purchases ($9,300) :
$1550 of BBL
$2700 of BP
$500 of TD
$1500 of KO
$400 of PM
300 shares of BBVA @ $9/share
56 shares of TGH @ $35.59/share
Posts about new purchases can all be found by following the "Buys" label here.
Sells:
I sold 28 shares of NSC @ $73.00/share after a smaller than expected dividend raise. I used the proceeds to buy more TGH.
Options Trades:
I sold puts in BBL and PAAS. I closed or had expired puts in COP, BBL, and PAAS. I was assigned Puts in BBVA. I earned $401 in profits from puts that I closed out or that expired this month giving me a yearly total so far of $3115. I've updated all of these trades on my Options tab.
Dividends:
I earned $225.93 in dividends for the month. July is typically one of my slower months since I don't have a lot of payers. My total year-to-date dividend income is now $2460.34. I've updated my dividend income on my Dividends tab.
Forward 12-month Dividends:
My expected future 12-month dividend income has increased to $6727.91 from $6164.53, an increase of 9.1% in one month.
Goals:
I completed 3 more goals this month! I hit my options goal of 3k, my portfolio goal of 180k and my forward dividend income of $6500. I have now met five of my goals so far this year. I'm well on my way to meeting all of my goals except the refinance of my primary residence. All of my goals can be found on the Goals tab.
Real Estate:
The condo rental was re-leased for $100/month more. I am currently looking into a 3rd rental property. This purchase is competing with a couple other investment ideas. All of my real estate posts will be found on my real estate label here.
Net Worth:
My goal is to hit a net worth of $450k by the end of the year. I started January at $334k and I'm currently at $410.5k. This is an increase of $27k Since last month. I need to average about 8k per month in order to hit this goal so I think this will be achievable.
Looking Ahead:
July wasn't a big dividend month due to not having a lot of payers in the month. August should be better with my estimate to be around $550. I still need about $2300 in dividends for the rest of the year to meet my goal of $5k in dividend income.
My options income continues to outpace my dividend income and has pulled further ahead after this month. I still believe my dividend income will catch up especially after September which will be a big month for me.
Since I've already met my forward income goal of $6500, I'm now shooting for $8500. In order to reach this new goal, I will need to contribute another $47280 to my portfolio this year at an average yield of 3.75%. I'm currently averaging over $8600/month in contributions so this goal is achievable but may prove difficult.
I'm also getting quotes on a solar system to see what ROI I could get from the system. That purchase is competing against a possible third rental property or to start paying down the condo rental. I will keep posting updates.
Another solid month for you. Putting over $9,000 into new purchases and raising your forward dividend total by 9% are both great moves. Congrats on continuing to meet your goals!
ReplyDeleteHi DGM,
DeleteThanks! Yeah, the 9% raise is going to be hard to match each month. I still have a long ways to go but I'm making nice progress and meeting my goals. I have no complaints except maybe we need a correction :)
Thanks for stopping by!
Grats on this month's success. The thing to remember about ROI on solar activity is that the savings = 100% untaxed. As long as the government subsidies are in play this would be a good investment, (another way to diversify too).
ReplyDeleteThanks IE,
DeleteYou make a good point about the solar savings being untaxed. I certainly have to take into account any tax implications if I'm comparing it to rental income. I get 30% back as a tax write-off but my local energy company gives a rebate that's worth about double that. However they've decreased the rebate twice so far this year so I fear they are phasing it out. Now may be a good time to get a system. So far my break-even looks to be about 7 years. Not too bad.
Take care!
AAI,
ReplyDeleteGreat stuff. You continue to knock it out of the park.
Congrats on getting the condo leased back out, and at a higher rate. You're making a ton of progress here.
Keep up the fantastic work. Looking forward to seeing how you finish 2013!
Best wishes.
Thanks DM!
DeleteYeah I was worried about the condo after rates went up and I was losing money each month. The increase in rent certainly helped. It's in a great location and the rent should continue to go up. I'm also not losing money after payments to principal and I've decided to pay down the balance to eliminate the PMI which will also help.
I appreciate you dropping by!