Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Sharebuilder Weekly Purchase - PM, PEP, BP



I'm reporting my automatic purchases for this week (08/27):

I bought:

$500 of PM
$500 of PEP
$1000 of BP

I used $2000 in new capital and added $87.74/year to my dividend income.  This is an average yield of  4.4%.

My forward 12-month dividend income increased to $7200.71.

Note:

I plan to continue adding to existing positions that are below average weight.  I'm looking at the purchase of a new position next week if it stays at current levels.  Stay tuned!

Picture:

Just for some fun and to add some color I will be posting pictures of places I've been to.  It's also motivation to reach FI so I can travel and do what I want to when I want to.

This is a picture from China Town in D.C. last year.

6 comments:

  1. I'm overweight on PM, would like to initiate on PEP and not sure on BP. BP seems pretty undervalued at the moment, like the rest of the energy sector.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wallet,

      PEP is a great company. Some people would like for them to split up the snack division. I think this could create a lot of shareholder value. Either way I love the company. Instead of choosing PEP over KO, I chose both. Yeah BP is trading at cheaper valuations compared to the other majors. I'm fully invested at this point and probably won't add for a while.

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. AAI,

    Great buys here. If PM wasn't such a big position for me I'd be buying.

    BP is an interesting play. Seth Klarman is a big fan!

    I love the pictures. Long-term travel is something I'm greatly interested in once I'm financially independent. Living in different locales for maybe a year or so at a time sounds awesome. Is travel one of your bigger goals?

    Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey DM,

      I had wanted to add one more energy play and I missed the boat on OXY so I decided to grab BP due to valuation. I think they will be fine in the long run and these prices seem attractive in this market.

      I'm glad you like the pictures. I do enjoy seeing new places and would love to be able to travel and see the world. Staying overseas a month or longer is something I would greatly look forward to.

      You are well on your way to FI. With your frugal living and I assume a lower cost of living in another country (depends where you go) then you will be able to do a lot of traveling.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Good purchases here, quick question about the photos. Do random people on the street take pics of y'all or is it people you travel with? I've always been curious because a lot of your pictures turn out great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi IE,

      Thanks! That's a good question, actually it's a mixture. In D.C we met up with a couple friends of ours so they took our picture. Any of the overseas pictures were random people we just stopped and asked. Most people don't mind at all snapping a picture and we usually target another tourist with a camera so we can offer to take one for them as well. I'm glad you like the pictures.

      Take care!

      Delete