Monday, May 21, 2012

Blog has moved to All About Interest

I'm happy to report that my blog has moved to it's own domain, all about interest .com (no spaces).

I've had an extra domain I purchased from Godaddy over a year ago in hopes that I would make time to create a helpful website aimed at investments.  I decided I didn't have time for that but I did have time to start a blog and keep up with trades I do on my Etrade account.  I think the name is fitting for this blog as well.  The exponential growth of my income from dividends is really "all about interest" and its compounding effects.

So I decided over the weekend to link my google blogger account to my domain.  I thought it would have been more difficult.  It actually was really easy. I didn't realize that google actually hosts your blog on their servers even when using your own domain name so I don't have to pay a monthly server cost to Godaddy.  I only have the annual name renewal which is fairly cheap at around $10 a year.

The only major drawback is that Google owns your blog and content.  They could decide to shut it down at a moment's notice.  However, I see this as highly unlikely.  It's not like I'm posting any controversial subject matter.  While I would be disappointed if Google discontinued Blogger and shut it down, it wouldn't be devastating.  I would continue making trades and find another medium in which to write about them.

That said, this blog has really given me a great way to track my portfolio and purchases.  I feel that it actually holds me accountable for the goals I set.  I also have met some very knowledgeable people along the way that have similar goals and interests.  I've learned a lot about investing in the past year and yet I have a learn more to learn.  This blog will continue to be about my own journey to a life of financial independence.

No comments:

Post a Comment