Wednesday, May 2, 2012

New Purchase - Clorox (CLX)



Clorox reported earnings today of $1.02 which missed by .02 so I decided to buy 20 additional shares on weakness @ 67.41/share.

CLX is a core holding of mine and the company will be around for many years.  They have raised their dividend for 35 years consecutively.  They have a 5-year CAGR of 15.22% and let's not forget that Carl Icahn offered up to $80/share for the company last year.

6 comments:

  1. Nice pickup on an excellent company. I don't hold any CLX (yet) but hope to in the future. You have to love companies with reliable, increasing dividends!

    -Dividend Fool

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Samir,

    Thanks for stopping by. If I had to guess I'd say I will still have solid companies like CLX, PEP, and JNJ in my portfolio 20 years from now.

    Let the dividends keep rolling in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Austinbroker,

    Thanks for sharing your recent purchase! It's great to see what fellow dividend growth investors are buying.

    What's your thoughts on CLX's massive debt load?

    Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. DM,

    Thanks for the comment. You are correct, they have a very high level of debt. However, this isn't anything new for the company. Their other metrics are favorable and they keep producing higher earnings and dividends despite their debt. I will stick with the company for now.

    There was a good analysis from March on them at SA if anyone is interested:

    http://seekingalpha.com/article/412791-clorox-dividends-earnings-and-valuation-analysis

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a nice purchase. I do not own CLX, but I can see the appeal for dividend growth investors. I think you chose a good time to make the purchase, a small miss like that is just a bump on the road.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks and I agree with you. I like to buy more of my core holdings on dips to average down. I keep thinking we'll have a 500+ point correction but it hasn't happened yet.

    ReplyDelete