One man's journey to financial independence through dividend growth investing.
Thursday, May 31, 2012
Monthy Dividend Update - May
My total dividend payments for May were $103.17. I received dividends from 5 companies including VZ, CLX, BBVA, HAS and TGH. You can see the individual amounts on the Dividends tab.
My total forward 12-month dividends are now at $1607.59. I started the year around $1200. My goal is to get to $2000 by the end of the year. I have $392.41 to go. I will reach this by a combination of new purchases and dividend increases. If my purchases average 3.5% yields I would need to purchase $392.41/.035 or $11,211.71 worth of new stocks.
The majority of my dividend payers are in March/June/Sept./Dec. months so I expect to have a better June.
I've also submitted an offer on a house that was accepted so I should be moving out of my condo in about a month. That said, my purchases will be slim to none for another month. I hope the May correction lasts a little longer so I can hopefully pick up some great DG stocks in July & August.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Looks good AB. Congratulations on the house! Must be exciting.
ReplyDeleteThanks CI.
ReplyDeleteIt is exciting but it's also a little stressful. There are so many things I have to get in order for the move.
It's also hard to hold onto cash for closing costs when there are a lot of stocks that have dropped to attractive levels.
Sounds like a good month -- we seem to have similar dividend trajectories. Congratulations on the house, too!
ReplyDeleteHi deedubs,
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by and for the congratulations. My blog won't have much going on for a couple of months as most of my extra money is going towards the home purchase.