April Recap
Purchases - COP & DOW
DRIPs - NVS, HNZ, MO
Sells -PSX (the new Phillips 66 that was spun off from COP)
This month wasn't particularly busy. However, I was able to add two purchases. These included 40 shares of the new COP (bringing my new total to just over 70 shares) and 35 shares of DOW.
I was also able to increase my yearly dividends from $1300 to $1471. This is a 13% increase. It was mainly due to the purchase of new stock but also includes a dividend increase from JNJ and drips into NVS, HNZ and MO.
I don't expect May to be really busy for transactions. This is due to two main factors. I'm saving money for a home purchase and I have a lot of naked puts that could get assigned in the next two months. I still believe I can achieve my goal of having a $2000 yearly dividend rate by the end of the year.
Sounds like it was a good month. Good job!
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by! It wasn't a bad month at all. The plan is for about one purchase a month from now through summer then I will kick things into high gear.
ReplyDeleteI also plan to make about one purchase per month for the next while, although mainly because I won't have much cash to buy more than that. :)
Delete