I made two more purchases today.
The first purchase is adding an additional 100 shares of VOD to my DGI account. I recently added 100 shares to my Income portfolio mentioned in a post here. The major difference being that it's with a different brokerage firm and that portfolio will have a higher average yield. The other difference being that I'm not approved for level 3 options trading in the Income Account currently.
I purchased 100 shares of VOD @ 25.85/share.
The second purchase of the day was a new position in Kinder Morgan, Inc. (KMI). It's been high on my watch list and I finally pulled the trigger.
I purchased 61 shares of KMI @ 33.74.
These two purchases will add more than $236/year to my dividend income.
Nice buys! I like KMI and have a good portion of my portfolio there and I've been wanting to get into VOD. Both are solid companies.
ReplyDeleteThanks PIP. You are building your portfolio nicely. I enjoy reading your updates. Thanks for stopping by!
DeleteNice moves. I think both companies offer some of the more attractive stock opportunities currently.
ReplyDelete"These two purchases will add more than $236/year to my dividend income." - And with that you're earning almost $20 more per month indefinitely. That's pretty awesome. And that will only increase over time. If I could add $236 to my annual total every single month I'd be a very happy man! You did that, plus some and you're probably not even done yet. Keep up the great work.
Best wishes.
Hi DM. I agree with you that both companies look attractive at current prices. I'm probably done with VOD for a while since I have 200 shares now but would look at adding more KMI.
DeleteYou are right, I have another purchase this morning that I will mention soon. I've done some aggressive end of year buying that I hope will continue into next year.
I like your latest purchase of INTC also. Take care!
You're on quite the roll. I noticed you mentionned you're approuved for level 3 option trades. My brokerage firm told me I'd have to be approuved for level 5 in order to sell puts. Something doesn't make sense unless the rules are different in Canada. Anyway, I'm still running after the firm to get approuved for selling puts. It's been a real pain and the saga continues. I'll have to do more harassing this week.
ReplyDeleteHi ADY,
DeleteThanks for stopping by. E*Trade only has 4 levels of options trading. Level 3 gives you naked puts and is what I have. Level 4 adds naked calls and naked index options. I look forward to seeing your options trades once you are approved.
Holy crap leave the rest us some shares already! You're gonna buy out the whole market at this pace haha. Really awesome stuff man.
ReplyDeleteHaha, I've definitely done some aggressive buying as of late. Nov. and December won't be the norm but I do hope to step it up next year to at least 3 or 4 trades a month. You have been adding some great companies yourself. Take care.
Delete