DOW has had a decent run and I decided to close out my put this afternoon. I originally sold 1 DOW Jan 19 '13 $28 PUT @ 1.33 back on 10/02. I posted the trade here and it's also listed on my options tab.
Today I bought-to-close 1 DOW Jan 19 '13 $28 PUT @ .14. My profit was $119 before commissions and this is updated on my options tab.
This also frees up a little cash that will be used when I am assigned another 100 Intel shares in about a week.
This brings my yearly profit (before commissions) to $2440 for the year.
Nice move. I especially like the $2440! That's almost what I made in dividends over the past year.
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by ADY. The $2440 will be well above my dividend total for the year of about $1800. With commissions tallied that profit number will likely be closer to $2000 which is still higher than my dividend total. I doubt I can continue beating my dividend payments with options profit but I'll sure try!
DeleteTake care!