Tuesday, June 18, 2013

New Purchase - BBL, BP, CAT




I'm reporting my automatic purchases for this week (06/18):

I bought:

$2000 of BBL
$1000 of BP
$500 of CAT

I used $3500 in new capital and added $144.59/year to my dividend income.  This is an average yield of  4.13%.

My forward 12-month dividend income increased to $5957.15.

Note:

I continue to look for some value in this market.  I initiated two brand new positions.

I had originally planned on adding more RDS.B but after looking into BP further I decided that there could be huge value here.  Thanks to Financially Integrated for pointing out a lot of positives about BP in a post here.

I also initiated a 1/3 starting position with BBL.  BHP Billiton's stock is near their 52-week low and yielding right at 4.0 %.  I bought BBL over BHP since they are the UK ADR and with the tax treaty between the U.S. and U.K. there will be no dividends withheld.  BBL is also a Dividend Contender having raised their dividend for 10 straight years.  I also wanted a little more exposure to the materials sector.

I also continue to scoop up a little more CAT since they are trading below my cost basis.

I'm closing in on a $6k per year / $500 per month forward dividend milestone.

If you were wondering, that's a picture from my trip to Europe last fall.  Salzburg, Austria is beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment