I originally sold puts in both MO and KMI back last December. These are stocks I currently own and still like the fundaments of. I would have had no problem if these shares were assigned to me. This is why I sell puts against companies that I'd like to own more of. I don't have to worry about getting assigned shares since I'm picking a price that's cheaper than current market values and one that I would be happy to pay. Instead these options expired and I am collecting the full premiums.
The original trades:
12/19/12 Sold 1 KMI June 22 '13 $32.50 Put @ 1.18
12/26/12 Sold 1 MO Jun 22 '13 $30 Put @ 1.32
Both of these expired this weekend so I get to keep $250 in options premiums. This brings my total options premiums to $2794.
I currently have 14 open options positions and a total options profit of $2794 for 2013 and am really close to my goal of $3000 for the year. My options income still continues to outpace my dividend income but this month my dividend income will be edging closer. I believe that my dividend income will catch up to and pass my options income in the third quarter.
My options page has been updated accordingly.
No comments:
Post a Comment