Thursday, June 13, 2013

New Purchase - RDS.B, TD, CAT

I'm reporting my automatic purchases for this week (06/11):

I bought:

$500 of RDS.B
$500 of TD
$350 of CAT

I used $1350 in new capital and added $55.94/year to my dividend income.  This is an average yield of  4.1%.

My forward 12-month dividend income increased to $5692.09.

Note:  I just got back from a vacation trip to the Dominican Republic.  Almost all of the heavy machinery I saw was Caterpillar.  It's always nice to see first hand a company's presence in other countries.  I plan to continue to add more CAT and RDS.B if their prices stay depressed.

6 comments:

  1. Nice buys! I was wondering where you'd been. I sold a put option on CAT with the recent weakness in the share price. I loved that 15% dividend hike.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey PIP,

      Thanks! Yeah I had a much needed trip for relaxation at the beach. I still had to log into WIFI a couple of times to check the markets. I'm with you on CAT, the 15% raise is huge. I plan to keep adding shares, especially since CAT is still below my cost basis. I don't have many companies below my cost basis in this market.

      I'll have to look at CAT puts again. I sold two puts that I closed out in May for a nice profit. I wouldn't mind selling another one soon.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. AAI,

    Nice buys here. All pretty solid values.

    I've started to take a look at RDS.B. The growth hasn't been outstanding, but they are in-line with most of the other supermajors. The entry yield is outstanding, and even with low dividend growth you're sitting on a decent return.

    That CAT dividend raise was very nice. Definitely much larger than I had anticipated, as their dividend growth over the last few years has not been that impressive. Very nice!!

    Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey DM,

      I'm on a shorter plan to FI sort of like yourself so I place more emphasis on starting yield than a lot of dividend growth investors might. I do like the company and they have a lot of natural gas exposure that I think rounds out my energy companies.

      The CAT raise was definitely a little higher than expected but very welcomed. CAT's price is still depressed a little so they are looking even more attractive now.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Some nice buys here. I may have to start looking at CAT, low 80's seems like a reasonable entry price. I'm thinking about initiating XOM this month, hoping for a small dip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI CI,

      Thanks! CAT is even more appealing now with the recent dividend raise. XOM would be high on my list if I was looking for an additional energy company. I think I will mainly just build up existing positions. I am making a new purchase tomorrow however in a materials company though.

      Take care!

      Delete