Monday, September 30, 2013

New Purchase - Owens & Minor (OMI)


My last purchase of OMI shares was July of 2012.  I posted about there here.  

OMI is a medical equipment company that supplies 3rd party logistics services and has increased their dividend for 16 straight years.  They have a 5-year CAGR of 14.2% and currently sport a yield of 2.8%.

The company was due for me to add to since it was below average weight and I'm also lighter in the medical industry than I'd like to be.  If you remember from My Business Plan, I'm targeting 15% of my portfolio weight in healthcare.

I'm reporting a trade from over a week ago since I was out of town.  I've been trying to catch up on posts.  I purchased another 61 shares of OMI @ $34.91/share.  OMI is now up to a full weight.  

This purchase will increase my forward dividends by $58.56/year.  

You can find all of my purchases by following my Buys label.  

4 comments:

  1. I'll have to put OMI on my watch list. I hadn't heard of them before your enlightening article. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wallet,

      I'm happy I pointed them out to you. They look to be a solid company and I love the healthcare sector.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Anonymous9/30/2013

    Solid buy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anonymous,

      Thanks! I'm trying to build up my healthcare sector a little more and this one was underweight.

      Delete