One man's journey to financial independence through dividend growth investing.
Thursday, September 26, 2013
Sharebuilder Weekly Purchases - Visa (V), Target (TGT), Philip Morris (PM), Becton Dickinson (BDX)
I'm reporting my automatic purchases for this week (09/24):
I Bought:
$500 of V
$500 of TGT
$500 of PM
$500 of BDX
I used $2000 in new capital and added $56.29/year to my dividend income. This is an average yield of 2.8%.
My forward 12-month dividend income increased to $7548.28.
Note:
I have added a new position, TGT. Target is dividend champion, having increased their dividend for 46 straight years. They have a dividend yield of 2.4% and a 5-year CAGR of 20.5%. I think they still have a lot of room for growth.
I will continue to add to V until it's a full position as long as it doesn't go up too high. It's been rising since I made my first purchase and was added to the DJIA.
I'm probably overweight in tobacco but I think PM still offers an attractive value in this market. I know these portfolio weights will average out in the long run so I'm not too worried.
I'm underweight BDX and just added a small amount. My cost basis is still well below the price of shares currently.
Picture:
Just for some fun and to add some color I will be posting pictures of places I've been to. It's also motivation to reach FI so I can travel and do what I want to when I want to.
This is a picture from inside a very old cathedral in Venice, Italy last fall.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm feeling quite bullish on TGT. I'm overweight on PM, but still think it's a great stock and am long so I don't blame you. Keep it up.
ReplyDeleteHi Wallet,
DeleteI really like TGT as well, hence the reason I bought. I know a lot of people that shop there but don't know many that shop Wal-mart. Not that I have anything against WMT but I prefer to invest in companies I can experience first hand. I like the dividend growth of TGT and it seems to be experiencing some nice YOY earnings growth. I think they will be a great company to have for the long-term.
Thanks for stopping by.
I own all but BDX and agree on PM representing pretty good value. I like V as welland would love to see it cone back to the mid $180s. I picked up some BAX yesterday after a 6% drop due to all I could tell was analyst downgrades.
ReplyDeleteHi PIP,
DeleteNice pickup with BAX. If I didn't already own BDX and MDT I'd likely be picking up shares myself. PM just seems like a good value at current levels compared to where most companies are trading at.
Keep up the good work as always.
A nice set of purchases. I've been looking closely at TGT (and WMT) lately, thinking about starting a position.I already own BDX and PM, not planning to increase those positions at the moment. I don't own V (I foolishly passed on a chance to buy it under $100 a while back), but it's one that I casually watch. I look forward to seeing what you continue to buy.
ReplyDeleteHey DGM,
DeleteThanks! I like spreading the money around in the portfolio especially when there isn't a really compelling stock purchase I want to make. I like both TGT and WMT but chose TGT since I like their recent dividend growth and I also shop there. V under 100 would have been incredible. I don't see them slowing down anytime soon so I plan to keep buying until I get a full position for now.
Thanks for dropping by and I look forward to seeing your purchases as well.
AAI,
ReplyDeleteYou're on fire. Keep it up. These are some really high quality companies here.
The you of 5 years from now is going to really be thanking the you of today that you had the foresight to invest huge sums of money into great businesses. You'll be reaping the rewards for decades to come.
Best wishes!
Hi DM,
DeleteThanks. I agree that these quality businesses should create large future rewards in terms of dividends.
Thanks for the support!