One man's journey to financial independence through dividend growth investing.
Wednesday, October 16, 2013
Sharebuilder Weekly Purchase - Target (TGT), Philip Morris (PM)
I'm reporting my automatic purchases for this week (10/15):
I Bought:
$1000 of TGT
$1000 of PM
I used $2000 in new capital and added $70.96/year to my dividend income. This is an average yield of 3.5%.
My forward 12-month dividend income increased to $7807.00.
Note:
I plan to continue adding to TGT and V until they are up to a full position, about 2.5% of portfolio.
I still see value in the energy sector so plan to keep adding to names like RDS.B and BP. I know these portfolio weights will average out in the long run so I'm not too worried.
Picture:
Just for some fun and to add some color I will be posting pictures of places I've been to. It's also motivation to reach FI so I can travel and do what I want to when I want to.
This is a picture from my recent trip to Seattle taken from the top of the Space Needle. It was taken with my Galaxy phone so it's not the best. I'll post more soon when I get them off our camera.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

As you may remember from last week, I'm definitely bullish on both of your purchases this week.
ReplyDeleteHi Wallet,
DeleteGreat minds think alike. I am hoping for a correction but will continue buying regardless.
Take care!
I'm planning on PM as one of my next purchases as well. I have owned MO for years, and it has been a great investment in both dividend and price appreciation.
ReplyDeleteIt's great that you have so much time to travel. I am not a big traveler, but it would be nice to visit places like Seattle, California and Texas in the future.
Hi Scoonie,
DeleteI don't think you can go wrong with PM at these prices. I like them over MO due to the international presence and growth prospects.
I'm fortunate that I can make some free time to travel. I'd still like to do a lot more things like that with my free time. That's why I'm aggressively pursuing FI. Austin is a great place and Seattle was beautiful, you should definitely visit sometime. CA is on my list for visiting a few places there.
Thanks for stopping by!