Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Sharebuilder Weekly Purhcases - Target (TGT), Visa (V), Shell (RDS.B)



I'm reporting my automatic purchases for this week (10/08):

I Bought:

$250 of V
$500 of TGT
$750 of RDS.B

I used $1500 in new capital and added $55.00/year to my dividend income.  This is an average yield of  3.7%.

My forward 12-month dividend income increased to $7669.56.

Note:

I plan to continue adding to TGT and V until they are up to a full position, about 2.5% of portfolio.

I still see value in the energy sector so plan to keep adding to names like CVX, RDS.B and BP.  I know these portfolio weights will average out in the long run so I'm not too worried.

Picture:

Just for some fun and to add some color I will be posting pictures of places I've been to.  It's also motivation to reach FI so I can travel and do what I want to when I want to.

This is a picture from a recent business trip to Boston.  I went to my first Red Sox game at Fenway Park, a very historical place.

4 comments:

  1. What kind of camera do you have? I'm jealous of your crystal clear pictures! I especially like the picture of the castle as well as the one inside the cathedral. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi ADY,

      I'm glad that you like the pictures. The last one was shot with my Galaxy S3 phone but most from Europe were on my Panasonic Full HD Video Camera that's about two years old or my wife's $500 range Nikon. The actual pictures are probably higher resolution but are converted when I upload so it doesn't slow the page. They still look pretty good though.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I'm definitely bullish on TGT and the energy sector, specifically CVX.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wallet,

      I agree and like both companies. I like several actually in the Energy space. I do plan to keep adding to TGT at these prices.

      Take care!

      Delete