Thursday, October 3, 2013

Sharebuilder Weekly Purchases - Altria (MO), Target (TGT), Visa (V)



I'm reporting my automatic purchases for this week (10/01):

I Bought:

$250 of V
$250 of TGT
$500 of MO

I used $1000 in new capital and added $35.00/year to my dividend income.  This is an average yield of  3.6%.

My forward 12-month dividend income increased to $7644.72.

Note:

I plan to continue adding to TGT and V until they are up to a full position (currently 2.5% of portfolio).

I'm probably overweight in tobacco but I think PM and MO still offer an attractive combination of yield and growth in this market.  I know these portfolio weights will average out in the long run so I'm not too worried.

I will have my monthly update for September out by this weekend.  I've been trying to catch up one posts.

Picture:

Just for some fun and to add some color I will be posting pictures of places I've been to.  It's also motivation to reach FI so I can travel and do what I want to when I want to.

This is a picture from a very recent trip to Seattle.  It's such a beautiful place and the seafood was great!

6 comments:

  1. Just a heads-up that you may want to update your post, Phillip Morris is PM, Altria is MO.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for pointing that out, I just fixed it. Have a good weekend!

      Delete
  2. Pursuing Financial Freedom10/04/2013

    Nice buy with TGT. I recently purchased a starter position myself. I also initiated a position in TEVA. The recent news has me believing the patent issues may be overblown. Also, I believe Obamacare will help companies like TEVA. I am still sitting on a 30% cash position in my portfolio and looking to deploy it. My next ideas are KO, SYK,JNJ,BAX,DPS,XOM. Any thoughts on these companies at these levels? They seem to be the only stocks in my watchlist worth purchasing. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi PFF,

      Thanks, I think TGT will do well over the next 10+ years. They have had some nice recent growth and I feel that they are a decent value. If I didn't already have a full position I would be adding more TEVA. I love the market they are in, generics. I'm also not too worried about their giant drug CopaxOne falling off of patent. I believe that is well priced into the shares already.

      From the list you named I like BAX, XOM and possibly KO here. I didn't add BAX because I already have MDT and BDX. I also didn't add XOM because I have RDS.B, CVX, BP and COP already. I feel JNJ is a little overvalued but a great company. I haven't done any research on SYK.

      Thanks for stopping by and keep up the great buys on your end as well!

      Delete
    2. Anonymous10/09/2013

      Looks like a good time to buy DPS http://seekingalpha.com/article/1736762-why-dr-pepper-snapple-is-undervalued-right-now

      Delete
    3. Hi Anonymous,

      Your comment was in spam so sorry about the late reply. I haven't done a lot of research on DPS but I do love their drinks. I'm already invested in both KO and PEP so I probably wouldn't be adding a third beverage company. However, I should probably do some more research on them, I'll take a look at the article. Thanks for pointing it out.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete