One man's journey to financial independence through dividend growth investing.
Wednesday, October 23, 2013
Sharebuilder Weekly Purchase - Target (TGT)
I'm reporting my automatic purchases for this week (10/22):
I Bought:
$1500 of TGT
I used $1500 in new capital and added $39.72/year to my dividend income. This is an average yield of 2.6%.
My forward 12-month dividend income increased to $7858.79.
Note:
I plan to continue adding to TGT and V until they are up to a full position, about 2.5% of portfolio.
With markets sitting at all time highs, it's becoming more difficult to find value. I plan to build up some cash over the next month or two. I am thinking about another rental property towards the end of the year or early next year as long as rates stay low.
Picture:
Just for some fun and to add some color I will be posting pictures of places I've been to. It's also motivation to reach FI so I can travel and do what I want to when I want to.
With the Redsox first game of the World Series tonight, I figured it was only appropriate to upload a picture from my recent trip to Boston where I was able to see them play at Fenway Park.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Nice picture AAI,
ReplyDeleteIt's a shame you're a Sox fan, but I guess no one is perfect. Honestly, I'm just hoping no one gets swept. Seriously though, you're a braver man than I am going into the retail sector. The elevated market is giving me pause. Visa though is the type of winner I'd own through thick and thin. Have a great day
-Bryan
Hi The Fast Letter,
DeleteI'm actually not a Sox fan. I'm really not even a big baseball fan but it's always fun to be at a ballpark. This ballpark has a lot of history and It was really cool just getting to go.
As for TGT, they have an impressive streak of dividend growth. In fact, they are a Dividend Champion, having increased their dividend for 46 straight years. They kept increasing right through the Great Recession. I'm not worried about the company and plan to buy more on any weakness. I'm with you on V, I just wished their dividend was a little higher.
Thanks for stopping by!
LOL at fast letter's sox comment. Anyways the rangers let us down during previous seasons blowing it at the end, very frustrating.
ReplyDeleteTGT does have an impressive dividend growth streak. My problem is I wouldn't be able invest in them until I retire from WMT. I am grateful WMT is a dividend champion too, thats for sure!
Hi IE,
DeleteYeah, If I was to pick a team I suppose I'm a Rangers fan. I've at least been to a few of their games when I was younger. I was always a big Nolan Ryan fan.
I probably wouldn't add both either. That's a little more retail than I'd want. WMT is also a great company with good dividend growth also. I think either one will do well in a portfolio in the long-run.
Thanks for dropping by!
I just bought some RDS.B and BP at their undervalued prices. Keep supporting my home by buying TGT!
ReplyDeleteHi Wallet,
DeleteI think those two oil majors offer the best value currently and I do plan to keep buying Target!
Thanks for stopping by!