Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Sharebuilder Weekly Purchases - MO, MDT, V




I'm reporting my automatic purchases for this week (11/19):

I Bought:

$750 of MO
$400 of MDT
$350 of V

I used $1500 in new capital and added $48.68/year to my dividend income.  This is an average yield of  3.2%.

My forward 12-month dividend income increased to $8606.30.

Note:

MO and PM are both as high of a weight as I'd like for a while.  I'm targeting 1/2 positions for each of them so they are both heavily weighted.  Between MO, PM and LO, I have a larger exposure to tobacco than I want.  I know this will average out in the long-term though so I'm not too worried right now.

I'm also wanting to increase my exposure to the medical sector just a little so I'll be adding to positions with lower than average portfolio weights such as MDT, BDX, JNJ, or TEVA while I'm looking for other interesting opportunities.

Picture:

Just for some fun and to add some color I will be posting pictures of places I've been to.  It's also motivation to reach FI so I can travel and do what I want to when I want to.

This is in Paris, France at the Louvre in 2011 in front of a very old sphinx.  Some date this sphinx to as far back as 2600 BC.

From their official site:

Tanis
This is one of the largest sphinxes outside of Egypt. It was found in 1825 among the ruins of the Temple of Amun at Tanis (the capital of Egypt during the 21st and 22nd dynasties). This impressive stone sculpture with its precise details and polished surfaces is a work of admirable craftsmanship. The recumbent lion, with tense body and outstretched claws, gives the impression of being ready to leap. The shen hieroglyph sculpted on the plinth under each paw evokes a cartouche, confirming the royal nature of the monument.

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures from your travels! It makes me dreaming about my travels too!!
    Great buys!
    As I accomplished my 10k goal on taxable account I am moving full speed to save and invest in my ROTH and once I fully fund the ROTH I will continue in taxable account saving and investing and I am eager to progress faster than ever before.
    Hopefully I will be able to start traveling too!!! (I do it of course when taking vacation, but not as often as I would wish).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Martin,

    Thanks! I only wish I could travel more, some day I will though!
    Congrats on your 10k goal. I think you are making a good decision to max out your Roth first.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete