Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Sharebuilder Weekly Purchases - JNJ, TGT, V, WFC



I'm reporting my automatic purchases for this week (11/26):

I Bought:

$500 of TGT
$250 of JNJ
$250 of V
$250 of WFC

I used $1250 in new capital and added $29.37/year to my dividend income.  This is an average yield of  2.3%.

My forward 12-month dividend income increased to $8635.46.

Note:

TGT is at full weight for 40 positions (2.5%) so I'm probably done adding for a while unless it drops 5% from here.  It's tough to find good values right now so I'll be stockpiling some cash in case of a pullback.  I still plan to make purchases each week, but they will likely be smaller than usual.   


Picture:

Just for some fun and to add some color I will be posting pictures of places I've been to.  It's also motivation to reach FI so I can travel and do what I want to when I want to.

This is a picture from the Formula 1 Races in Austin, TX two weeks ago.  We don't have a pro team but we have the only F1 track in the country.  It's was sooo loud!  

 Subscribe to receive all my updates

6 comments:

  1. I also bought some TGT after the drop. I think it's a great long term investment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wallet,

      Congrats on becoming a TGT shareholder. I think we will both be happy in 20 years with this purchase.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Im a HUGE F1 fan. First time I saw F1 10 years ago in Montreal, I was blown away - and back then they used the V12s. Thats a great seat you had there. Hope it was fun to watch...although the dominance of Vettel isnt helping the sport. The new season should see some shakeup with new engines.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Roadmap2Retire,

      That's awesome, this was the first time I'd seen F1 as I'm not a big race fan. It was really cool even though I went during the practice rounds. You don't realize how fast and loud these cars are until you're up close to them.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Huge F1 fan here also. I come the land from Häkkinen, Räikkönen and others...I'll be looking to add TGT sometime in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Life in Center,

      That's very cool. I didn't realize how huge F1 is in Europe, this event brings in about 200,000 visitors a year now. A lot of these are Europeans of course. I like TGT at these levels and believe it will be a great long-term investment.

      Take care!

      Delete