Thursday, February 20, 2014

Dividend Increase - The Coca-Cola Company (KO)



Coca-Cola (KO) announced today a dividend increase of 8.9% from $0.28 to $0.305 per share.  The cash dividend is payable on April 1st to shareholders of record as of March 14th.  This is the company's 52nd consecutive yearly increase.

This is the 5th company in my portfolio to raise their dividend so far this year.

Since I own 121.31 shares, this will increase my yearly income by $12.13.

18 comments:

  1. AAI,

    That is a fantastic increase by Coke. I was expecting a much lower increase. I picked up some Pepsi this week and Coke is looking good right now as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Dividend Pipeline,

      I agree! It was higher than I had expected. It's great to be able to count on the consistent raises. A raise over 7% is just a bonus from a high-quality company like KO. I also agree that both PEP and KO are starting to look attractive. I'm probably picking up another 100 shares in my options account due to a put getting assigned in two days.

      Take care!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Indeed! It was a little higher than I expected.

      Take care!

      Delete
  3. Perfect timing. I just bought KO yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice job! KO is one of those companies that you won't lose any sleep over at night. I plan to hold the company forever.

      Cheers!

      Delete
  4. A bit higher increase than I expected. I was thinking $0.30 on a quarterly basis, especially given the struggles over the last year. But I like the solid increase.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi PIP,

      I was also expecting an increase to $.30 quarterly. What a nice surprise! Maybe KO wanted to send a message of their confidence to shareholders. I'm definitely not too worried about their long-term prospects.

      Take care!

      Delete
  5. How SWEET it is! I was speculating with some of the guys earlier this week, about how big the increase would be. I don't know how I feel about the GMCR deal, but there's no doubt I'll be smiling all afternoon....with this increase

    -Bryan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was a very SWEET raise. I'm not sure either about how the GMCR deal will play out. With their many billion dollar brands already, they just keep churning out cash and dividends to loyal shareholders like us.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. The best company in the world!
    At the moment I don´t own shares from KO.
    But I´ll purchase some shares this or next year!

    Best regards
    D-S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. D-S,

      I'm with you. KO is the epitome of a dividend growth company. Over 50 years of consistent raises! I think they belong in all portfolios.

      Take care!

      Delete
  7. Nice dividend growth for Coke here, I believe it was the same .025 raise that investors saw last year. Long KO !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Captain,

      You're correct. It was the same .025 raise again. I love the steady raises!

      Take care!

      Delete
  8. Definitely can't complain about that increase! Like yourself and many others, I was definitely thinking a $0.02 raise to $0.30, so the extra half a penny was a big bonus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. w2r,

      Certainly not! This was a very nice increase for a top dividend stalwart. I thought there was a 50/50 chance of .02 versus .025. I'm happy they kept the same raise again. KO has been rewarding shareholders for many years.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  9. Brent,

    Couldn't ask for better timing. Was going to buy KO today anyway, and then - BAM. More money. :)

    And who doesn't love more money?

    Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi DM,

      I think KO is definitely attractive here. I'd have bought more if I didn't have a put expring that will probably allow me to pick up another 100 shares anways. I'm also planning just a 1/2 position with KO/PEP since I couldn't decide between the two.

      More money is great, and we will keep receiving more money each and every year just for being loyal shareholders!

      Cheers

      Delete