I haven't been able to keep up every month with a full monthly update but I will try and post updates for at least the months where there are some significant changes. I have quite a few transactions this month and hit a few milestones.
First, I purchased 300 shares of BBVA (due to options getting assigned), 56 shares of WM, 54 shares of OMI and 105 shares of TWGP. With these new purchases I have increased my yearly dividend income by more than $300.
I have reached a new milestone by hitting $2000 a year in forward dividends. My initial goal when starting this blog was to reach $2000 and I have surpassed this already. You can find the post here. I am now shooting for $2400 by the end of the year. My forward 12-month dividend payments are at $2042.99. This is an increase of $352.28 or 20.8% from June. I've updated my dividends tab accordingly.
I have also reached a portfolio value milestone of 50k. My total portfolio value is a little over 52k now and is updated on my portfolio tab. This is mainly due to new purchases but the markets are also up from a month ago. In order to hit my new goal of $2400 by the end of the year I will probably need at least another 10k in purchases. I believe this will be doable.
On another note, I also closed on a new house and now have a second rental property. I have some plans for the rental in the next couple of years so that I have a positive cash flow on both. I have updated this transaction on my real estate tab.
I'm happy to report that I am ahead of where I thought I would be at this time. It's just been a little over 4 months since I've started this blog but it has held me accountable and I believe has made me a little more disciplined. It's also been nice to interact with others that have similar interests.
It looks like you had a fairly active month. Congrats on reaching the $2,000 forward dividend mark and the $50,000 portfolio milestone! I still have a ways to go before reaching that dividend mark myself, but I might get close to it by the end of the year. I should reach the $60,000 mark for my portfolio value sometime in the fall.
ReplyDeleteIt's great that you're ahead of your prior expectations. I find myself in a similar situation with regard to my goals for the year. I agree that blogging helps with discipline and accountability. Being open to others makes me think more critically about my investing decisions, which is a good thing.
Thanks deedubs. I agree with you about blogging makes you think a little more critically about decisions. I think it's mostly psychological. If I make a mistake then I have to share that mistake with others as well.
DeleteNice month AB! I'm ok if we have to wait a bit for the next correction. We had some pretty nice opportunities in May & June. I liked the WM and OMI purchases. I'm not familiar with TWGP, I'll have to look into it. Congratulations on meeting your goal so early.
ReplyDeleteThanks CI. I'm hoping for another sell-off this fall like we had last year. We shall see. I have a trip to Europe planned so I won't be doing much buying for a couple of months.
Delete