Wednesday, July 11, 2012

New Purchase - Waste Management (WM)


I purchased 56 shares of Waste Management (WM) today on weakness at $31.64 per share.  It's already a holding of mine and I haven't added to it for about a year.  This weakness presented a decent opportunity to grab it with a yield of about 4.5%.  This purchase provides an additional yearly income of $79.52.

4 comments:

  1. Nice purchase! I wasn't aware of the dip in WM until after the market close. It's not currently on my watch list, but I may add it now. It certainly has an attractive yield!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. WM is now my largest holding. I will keep an eye on further weakness but don't plan on adding any more shares for a while. I will keep the automatic DRIP on for now though.

      Delete
  2. Good one! WM is on my watch list but I failed to see it was so attractively priced.

    The stock market opens when I go to bed at 10:30PM so I can't really react to anything. I have to use limit orders and hope they get filled. Trying to adjust to that. Normally I would check to see how things are doing at lunch and maybe place an order.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CI,

      Thanks for stopping by. WM is only $0.60 above what I paid and yielding 4.4% which I believe is still attractive. Limit orders are definitely a good idea so you don't miss a quick drop in price.

      Delete