One man's journey to financial independence through dividend growth investing.
Tuesday, July 31, 2012
New Purchase - Towergroup (TWGP)
I originally purchased 50 shares back at the end of March at 22.53/share and decided to buy 105 shares this morning on weakness @ 18.85/share. These additional 105 shares will provide another 78.75 per year in dividends. I've also reduced my cost per share now to $20 and YOC to 3.7%.
TWGP announced plans to acquire Canopius which the market did not like. Shares were down 15%. I still believe in this company longterm and believe they will continue to raise their dividends each year which is what I really care about.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I'm not very familiar with TWGP. To be honest, I'm not a fan of insurance companies in a low interest rate environment. They can earn nice returns on the float except in situations like we are in now. If interest rates start to rise I think the company would do well. I'm by no means an expert and could be totally wrong. Hopefully TWGP will do well for you.
ReplyDelete