Today I added 54 shares of OMI @ $28.46/share to my already owned 34 shares. OMI hasn't experienced a run-up like the rest of the market, it is actually trading at a lower price than my initial purchase price of $30 in February. This is party due to the company lowering their 2012 EPS estimate. I still like the company and decided to go ahead and add more shares to my portfolio. These 54 shares will add $47.52/year of income. This purchase also brings my portfolio value to above 50k for the first time ever!
One man's journey to financial independence through dividend growth investing.
Monday, July 30, 2012
New Purchase - Owens & Minor (OMI)
Today I added 54 shares of OMI @ $28.46/share to my already owned 34 shares. OMI hasn't experienced a run-up like the rest of the market, it is actually trading at a lower price than my initial purchase price of $30 in February. This is party due to the company lowering their 2012 EPS estimate. I still like the company and decided to go ahead and add more shares to my portfolio. These 54 shares will add $47.52/year of income. This purchase also brings my portfolio value to above 50k for the first time ever!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I bought more OMI last month as well. It's one of only like 6 stocks that has increased its dividend at least 10% every year for the past decade. It's a difficult and rare feat. To me, this says A LOT about the company.
ReplyDeleteI think we'll see continued dividend growth, but possibly at a slower pace. I'm hoping the new venture into Europe increases their profits and starts them in the right direction for the next 10 years. We'll see.
I like OMI a lot as well. I want to increase my healthcare sector exposure. I'd like to add to my BDX & JNJ positions if I get a good opportunity and start a new position in possibly MDT.
Delete