Monday, November 26, 2012

New Purchase - Chevron (CVX)


I initially started a position back in May with CVX that I posted here.

I decided to add to that position this morning.  I bought 19 shares of CVX @ 104.62.  This was just slightly more than my original purchase.

I believe CVX offers a fair value.  They have 25 years of consecutive dividend increases.  They have a 5-year CAGR of 9.0% and offer a current yield of about 3.5%.  I see CVX and COP as long-term holdings and would like to keep them nearly equally weighted in the long-run.

Some other companies I'm watching closely for new or additional purchases are: KMI, PM, CAT, MCD, NSC, INTC, VOD

4 comments:

  1. I like the purchase.

    This is a high quality oil major that has a long history of richly rewarding shareholders. Great entry yield, strong history of growth, and strong fundamentals. Not a lot to dislike.

    Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi DM,

      Thanks for stopping buy. I agree with you about there not being much to dislike. I think CVX will be rewarding shareholders with dividends for a very long time.

      Take care.

      Delete
  2. I like the CVX purchase. I've been waiting for it to come back down to around $100 and if it can drop a little bit more I might be picking up some shares. The only thing stopping me from doing it yet is that oil/gas companies make up a huge portion of my portfolio. Especially with my ESPP shares, but I can start selling those off next June to get the long-term capital gains rate on everything over my contribution.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that CVX is very attractive around $100. I figure a few dollars difference in price won't mean much 20 years from now. I might grab more if it goes below $95. I did end up making another purchase today that I'll be posting soon.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete