Saturday, November 3, 2012

Options Trade - Archer Daniels Midland (ADM)

I have two trades to report from yesterday.  The first was an options position in ADM that I closed.

I decided to go ahead and close this trade from August 10th mentioned here.  In August I sold 1 Dec. $25 put @ 1.31.  Yesterday I bought-to-close 1 Dec $25 put @ .25.  I profited $106 before commissions and I have updated this trade on my options tab.

I didn't necessarily think these shares would be put to me but I wanted to free up some additional cash in my options account.  I expect to get assigned 100 shares of Intel this month so I may be closing out a couple of options positions for gains. 

My total options profit before fees stands at $2321 for the year.  This is almost double the amount I've collected from dividends this year so far! 

No comments:

Post a Comment