Monday, November 19, 2012

New Purchase & Options Trade - Intel (INTC)

The put option I sold in September was assigned over the weekend.  I was put 100 more shares of INTC at a cost of 22.56 before commission.  My cost basis went up slightly accounting for all commissions from 22.73 to 22.80.

I now own 196 shares of INTC and this increases my position to a little over 6% of my portfolio.  I also have two additional put contracts expiring in December and July.  I think INTC is a great value here and I'm willing to build up to a 1000 share position long-term.

The closed out put option can be found on my options tab.

2 comments:

  1. Nice options trades on INTC and VOD. Both stocks have taken hits lately, opening up some good opportunities. I wouldn't mind adding to my positions in both stocks, but I simply don't have the cash to do it. Sigh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi DGM. Thanks for stopping by to comment.

      I'm using puts to average down on INTC. I actually entered a limit order this morning to buy more, we'll see if it hits. I'm really liking INTC, VOD, KMI, NVS, and CAT to name a few at these prices. Between the fiscal cliff and investors selling to take advantage of lower taxes this year, I think we'll see depressed prices through December.

      Delete