
I look forward to these updates each and every month. It's exciting to watch my dividends grow and to track the progress I'm making.
I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. It feels like both November and Thanksgiving just flew by. I've noticed lots of lights and Christmas trees already going up where I live. We're now into the last month, December, which is one of my favorite times of year. Not only am I looking forward to the Christmas holidays but December is also one of my highest dividend paying months.
Below is a summary of my activity for the month:
New Purchases ( $14,391.27):
$2150 of TGT
$2050 of RDS.B
$750 of MO
$700 of TEVA
$600 of V
$400 of MDT
$250 of J NJ
$250 of WFC
85 shares of KMI ($2950.27)
100 shares of SO @ ($4291)
Posts about new purchases can all be found by following the "Buys" label here.
Sells:
None
Options Trades:
November was quiet from an options standpoint. My only options transaction was the assignment of a SO put that I sold previously. My total profit for the year so far is still $4149. I've updated all of these trades on my Options tab.
Dividends:
I earned $364.23 in dividends for the month. This is a little better than last month but lower than August due to a large dividend from VOD. My total year-to-date dividend income is now $4740.72. I've updated my dividend income on my Dividends tab.
Forward 12-month Dividends:
My expected forward 12-month dividend income has increased to $8644.11 from $8002.20, an increase of 8% in one month. You can find my all of my monthly dividend information from the Dividends page.
Goals:
My last achievable goal will be met this month. That goal is to have $5000 in dividend income for the year. I only need about $260 and am projecting over $1000 for the month. All of my goals can be found on the Goals tab.
Real Estate:
I mentioned the possibility of buying a commercial space for my business. Well I now have an offer on a place and am moving forward with the purchase. The building is a "shell" so the entire inside has to be finished out. This could take until March of next year to finish. I'll post more details of that soon. This will obviously push back another rental purchase.
My solar system is finally installed! I'm just waiting for a couple of final inspections and I'll be live on the grid. I'm excited to start producing some cheap alternative energy.
All of my real estate posts will be found on my real estate label.
Net Worth:
My goal was to hit a net worth of $450k by the end of the year. I achieved this goal in October and am now at $512k. This is an increase of $45k Since last month. A lot of this was due to my income and bonuses but the markets also helped this number out. My revised goal is $525k by the end of the year which I think is still achievable.
I posted a 500K Net Worth Milestone titled, I'm Half a Millionaire!
Looking Ahead:
December is one of my best paying months. I'm expecting close to $1200 in dividend income for December which will break through the $5k in dividend income that I set for a goal this year.
My revised forward income goal of $8500 has been met however I am expecting TWGP to quit paying its dividend which would be a big hit. If this happens, I will need to add $304.96 in additional income to make my $8500 target. I'll need to add $8700 of new capital at 3.5% interest to do this. I'm currently averaging $9656/month in contributions so It should be close.
I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas!
WOW $14k in purchases! Solid month.
ReplyDeleteThanks FFdividend. This is certainly one of my highest contribution months ever. I typically have more available cash at the end of the year due to bonuses.
DeleteTake care!
Those are some impressive numbers - dividends, option trades, new purchases etc. Inspirational as always, AAI. Keep it up.
ReplyDeleteHi Roadmap2Retire,
DeleteThanks! I'm certainly having a good year and I will try to top it next year. The main focus is being consistent about purchasing high-quality dividend payers.
Thanks for stopping by!
You can do a lot of damage with $14k in purchases in a month. Seeing your progress in such a short time is truly amazing. I thought I was doing good with a $13k increase in my net worth for the month, but you more than tripled that. Congrats on all the progress and keep up the good work! 2014 should be a monster year for you.
ReplyDeleteHey PIP,
DeleteIndeed! That $14k will provide dividends that keep compounding for years to come. Well, part of that increase was due to me being a little behind in updating my mortgage balances but the majority was still new income. You are killing it yourself, keep it up and 2014 will be monster years for both of us.
Cheers
Holy Hannah... What a great month considering how much you are able to put into the markets. Insane to think how far you've come over the last 12 months. Just think, this time next year you'll be stretching and reaching for five figures in dividends actually received. Pretty damn impressive.
ReplyDeleteKeep up the good work and you'll have no problem hitting your 2013 goals by the end of this December.
Hi W2R,
DeleteIt was certainly a great month for me. I'm typically able to contribute more towards the end of the year. Yeah, my portfolio has more than doubled since the beginning of the year. I obviously don't expect to double it every year now but I hope to be able to contribute more each year for the next 6 years at least.
Five figures in dividends sounds awesome, that's almost $1,000 a month! $10k in dividends received will probably be a good goal for me to set next year.
Thanks for stopping by!
oh and I look forward to seeing you get caught up on your posts.
DeleteA very nice month. It's amazing that you were able to invest over $14,000 in just one month. In no time at all your forward 12-month dividend total will reach $10,000 and your net worth will exceed $1 million. I look forward to updates about the commercial space for your business, which sounds like a very cool development for you in 2014.
ReplyDeleteHey DGM,
DeleteThanks! I'm targeting the end of March 2014 to reach a forward 10k in dividends. The $1 million mark in personal assets I'm targeting by the end of 2015 or early 2016. Commercial real estate is brand new to me so I'll be sure and post some updates. It should be a good 2014!
Take care!
Awesome month AAI, i remember a couple years ago in college I wasn't even making 14k/yr working retail. Can't wait to see the results of your solar system here in Texas. My wife got me the 45watt kit from Harbor freight during the day after thanksgiving sale so I'm pretty excited about that.
ReplyDeleteHi IE,
DeleteI don't think any of us made much money during college. However, I learned a lot of discipline and skills that set me up to be successful. What do you plan on doing with your 45watt kit? Did it come with a battery and inverter? I may look into more uses for solar myself once I'm up and running on the grid.
Take care!
It didn't come with either and in fact I need an inverter. We already have a deep cycle battery already. I got it mostly for 3 reasons: 1)experimental purposes to see how much sun we get over here, 2)to run some lights in backyard and 3)id like to setup a tent outside and take my kids 'camping' and well have the ability for a night-lite!
DeleteWow $14,000+ is huge, I wish I has that kind of money to invest! Can't wait to see how you do next month.
ReplyDeleteHi Captain Dividend,
DeleteIt is a lot of money and I never thought I'd be able to catch-up this quickly after wasting years just blowing my money. I'm in a fortunate position right now but that could change. I plan to maximize my contributions as much as possible while I can to speed up the time it takes to get to FI.
Take care!
WOW SO JEALOUS! That is freaking fantastic. Are the purchases in a qualified or non-qual account? Just curious
ReplyDeleteHi Evan,
DeleteThanks! You are doing great on your end as well. Keep it up! All purchases are in a taxable account.
Thanks for stopping by!