I'm reporting my automatic purchases for this week (12/03):
I Bought:
$350 of RDS.B
$500 of DE
$700 of MCD
I used $1550 in new capital and added $54.50/year to my dividend income. This is an average yield of 3.5%.
My forward 12-month dividend income increased to $8558.16.
Note:
DE is a new position for me. I've decided I would like to have half positions in both CAT and DE since I think they compliment each other well. I also feel that DE is a little better value right now. My other planned half positions are KO/PEP and MO/PM which are currently full or overweight. I was also due to add to MCD since I haven't added to it in a full year. I added a small amount of RDS.B which I think is at a good value to increase my starting yield on these purchases. It's tough to find good values right now so I'll continue to stockpile some cash in case of a pullback. I still plan to make purchases each week no matter what the markets are doing.
Also you might notice that my forward income went down from last week. That's because DOW is set to get called away this month and it was just easier to replace DOW with DE on my spreadsheet. I don't have the proceeds yet but will be looking for more opportunities in the market to deploy that cash into.
Picture:
Just for some fun and to add some color I will be posting pictures of places I've been to. It's also motivation to reach FI so I can travel and do what I want to when I want to.
If you were wondering, this is a picture from Austin Comic Con. Yes, that's Thor built solely out of Legos. If you look really hard, Thor was signed by Stan Lee in the center of his chest! I didn't ask the price but it was really cool so I took a picture with my phone.

Got to love those weekly purchases! Consistency is really paying off. I like the idea of going with a half position in CAT & DE and I like DE much more here than CAT. I'm about to have 100 shares of O and CSCO added later this month due to some put options that will get executed.
ReplyDeleteThat Lego Thor is pretty amazing. How some people come up with stuff and then have the patience to build it always amazes me.
Hi PIP,
DeleteConsistency is key! Yeah, I think DE is a better value here so it just makes more sense to me. O and CSCO both look pretty good but I'm not planning on adding more tech or REIT's at this time.
Yeah, the guy was building a new one at the booth but I didn't stick around to see what it would be. He had a Superman also. I thought it was pretty cool. I couldn't imagine someone buying one and it broke on the way home lol.
Take care
Great purchases as always. I have no qualms. As an engineer, Lego rocks! I'll make about $200 on dividends this year! I don't know what my forward 12 month value is... Approximately double that by now!
ReplyDeleteHi Wallet,
DeleteThanks! I never really had many legos as a kid but they sure are cool. Stick with you plan and you'll be doubling the value many times over.
Thanks for stopping by!
I love the idea of consistent weekly purchases. I don't have the capital to do that right now, but I at least make consistent monthly purchases. Each month that goes by pushes my avg. monthly dividend up about 3-5 dollars. This doesn't sound like a lot but its been great feeling the effects of compounding.
ReplyDeleteHi IE,
DeleteYeah, I really have enjoyed making weekly purchases. Monthly is good too. As long as you stay consistent then you should continue to see better results. It is a great feeling to know we don't have to work for those dividends any more that are already coming in. Each month is one step closer to FI!
Best wishes
AAI,
ReplyDeleteYou jut keep chugging along. That's the name of the game. It's all about compounding, and you're doing it like a pro. You'll be a receiving more dividends than the average U.S. household sees in income here pretty soon. :)
Best wishes!
Hey DM,
DeleteIt's certainly great to see progress each and every month. I really am noticing more the effects of compounding at work. We're both on a great path right now. At your expense level, you may have all of your bills covered before I do. I just need to work on reducing expenses now.
Thanks for stopping by!
I like all those companies, keep it up! I see you have a nice picture at the top of your blog. Where is that?
ReplyDeleteHi CI,
DeleteThanks, I'm trying to add solid dividend growers. It's just getting harder and harder to find fairly valued companies.
I took that picture last fall outside of Salzburg, Austria. It's just a part of the whole picture. I may post the entire picture in next weeks buys. It's the most beautiful place I've ever seen in person.
Cheers
I really like going to comic cons. Went to Sand Diego once way back in the day when you could walk up to the booth on the first day and buy tickets lol.
ReplyDeletePulling Myself Up,
DeleteThis was the first Comic Con I've been to. I'm sure it's not as exciting as the San Diego CC but there were still a ton of people. I may go back next year now that I know what to expect. I wish I had gotten some Walking Dead actor autographs.
Take care!
Very well done, AAI!
ReplyDeleteI used to really enjoy adding my new divy purchases to the spreadsheet and watching the amount increase. It's really cool to think of buying a perpetual income stream that will meet or beat inflation and from which you never have to withdraw the principle.
As you know, since your last visit to my blog I turned a goal into reality by paying off earlier than anticipated the Rental Property #3. That now gives me an additional net income stream of $425.00 per month ($5,100.00 p/yr). I'm pretty stoked about that. Great way to end 2013 and usher in 2014.
Keep up the inspiration!
Pay off my rentals,
DeleteIt's nice to see results every much. I love making consistent purchases each week and watch my future income grow.
Congrats on paying off your rental. $425/mo is a lot of income. Just think, it would take $127,500 in dividend stocks to earn that much in dividends.
Take care!
Wow! are you investing $1500+ A week? That is awesome. Completely jealous, I am only at $500 to $1000 a month
ReplyDeleteHi Evan,
DeleteIt depends on the week but typically at least $1500/week. You can get a good average by checking my monthly updates. I do plan to build up a little bit more cash in case we get a pull-back. It looks like you are making nice progress yourself.
Cheers