I'm reporting my automatic purchases for this week (12/24):
I Bought:
$500 of TGT
$500 of PM
I used $1000 in new capital and added $34.55/year to my dividend income. This is an average yield of 3.5%.
My forward 12-month dividend income increased to $8390.41.
Note:
I still find prices of TGT attractive and don't mind going a little overweight if the market doesn't present any other opportunities. PM is also around my cost basis so I may keep adding more if I can't find a better alternative.
I have another big purchase I'll mention soon!
Picture:
Just for some fun and to add some color I will be posting pictures of places I've been to. It's also motivation to reach FI so I can travel and do what I want to when I want to.
This is a picture from Venice, Italy taken last fall.
Hello AAI. I really appreciate the way you methodically and consistently invest. I'm certain this will serve you well over the long run. Have a great weekend
ReplyDelete-Bryan
Hi Bryan,
DeleteRegardless of what the markets are doing, I plan to make consistent purchases every week. I'm glad you are following along. It should be a great 2014!
Cheers
Like the purchases here. Not sure if you've heard of Loyal3 but I'm seriously considering it. You can purchase on your credit card and there's no fees, assuming you use your cc's responsibly. There's a pretty good list of companies that are enrolled with them so it could be a way to get even cheaper DCA and I think it works pretty much the same way as Sharebuilder as you set the day for the purchase to go through. Plus you can rack up reward points/airline miles.
ReplyDeleteHi PIP,
DeleteI've never heard of Loyal3 but will check it out. I've been really happy with Sharebuilder so far. Are you talking about the monthly subscription fee on your credit card or you can actually buy stocks on your card? I'd have a ton of points if that's the case. If you go that route I would love to see a writeup on your experience with them.
Take care!
I'd never heard of it until a few weeks ago but it sounds great. You can actually buy stocks on yoir credit card and there's supposed to be no fees/commissions. Kind of limited in selection but there's some big name dg companies you can buy. Tgt, wmt, vfc, ko, mcd, msft, pep, dps, sbux and I think aapl is on there too. Pretty interesting and like you said you can rack up a ton of points that way. Minimum purchase is $10 per month and you set whatever date you want the purchase to go through. Then they batch all funds and purchsse so its like sharebuilder how you don't set the price just the dollar amount and you can buy fractional shares too. Definitely something to consider and I'm thinking of signing up and giving it a go with a small amount to start off with. Ill definitely have a write up if/when I get that started akthough it might be another month or two as I found dome good rental opportunities and want yo grt an offer in hopefully late January.
DeleteAAI,
ReplyDeleteVery nice. Some of the better bargains in the market right there. I like TGT here and may add to my small position. PM is really tempting me, although it's already a fairly large portion of my portfolio. Choices, choices. :)
BTW, huge forward dividend income there. Great stuff!
Best wishes.
Hey DM,
DeleteThanks! I agree that it's hard to find value in the market. I have a lot of positions that I want to add to but they seem borderline overvalued. However, I did make another recent purchase that I'm posting soon.
I did meet all of my dividend goals this year so I plan to make some really tough goals for myself in 2014.
Take care!