One man's journey to financial independence through dividend growth investing.
Friday, March 21, 2014
Dividend Increase - Air Products & Chemicals (APD)
APD announced yesterday a quarterly dividend increase of 8.5% from $0.71 to $0.77 per share. The dividend is payable May 12, 2014 to shareholders of record April 1, 2014.
This is their 32nd consecutive annual dividend increase.
Since first buying shares, they have outperformed the market and are up 40% from my cost basis. This is great, but if I am to add to my position, I'll now need to pay much higher prices.
I own 46.28 shares so this will increase my yearly dividends by $11.11. This is the 12th stock in my portfolio to increase their dividend already this year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

AirProducts is a good company.
ReplyDeleteOn my blog we have discussed about the competitor "Praxair".
But the dividend yield from Air Products is better!
The look on the market cap shows, that Praxair is 10 billions USD bigger than Air Products.
I don´t know, which company is better...
Best whishes
D-S
Hi D-S,
DeleteI'll have to look at Praxair, I don't know much about them. Thanks for bringing them to my attention.
Take care!
It was a nice increase from APD but sadly I'm in the same boat as you where the gains on the original shares are pretty amazing so I don't expect to be able to average down any time soon.
ReplyDeletePIP,
DeleteAgreed. I really wish the market would cool off a little to open up more values. I can't keep adding to energy forever.
Thanks for stopping by!