Thursday, March 13, 2014

Weekly Purchases



I'm reporting my automatic purchases for this week (03/11):


I Bought:

$500 of KMI

I used $500 in new capital and added $25.84/year to my dividend income.  This is an average yield of  5.2%.

My forward 12-month dividend income increased to $9642.78

Note:

I bought more KMI again and plan to keep averaging down while prices are this low.  I don't mind going temporarily overweight in a position I haven't changed my opinion about.

I plan to keep purchases low until I close on my new rental and tax time is over.

Picture:

Just for some fun and to add some color I will be posting pictures of places I've been to.  It's also motivation to reach FI so I can travel and do what I want to when I want to.

This is another picture from the Boulder, CO area while hiking over a month ago on my latest trip

15 comments:

  1. Adding more Kinder Morgan is a no brainer. Thanks to some shorts out there blasting the stock we can be buying cheap.
    I am out of cash right now, so hopefully this bearish pressure will last longer so I can buy more too as soon as new cash arrives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Martin,

      I agree with you! I don't know how long these low prices will hang around but I'll keep buying as long as they do.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for your comment this morning AAI. I've been looking to start a position in KMI. I will give it another look when oil gets down to $90, but my timing is often suspect. One HUGE plus. Richard Kinder keeps buying that stock. He knows more than we do about the business :o)
    -Bryan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bryan,

      Sure, no problem! I try not to worry about timing so much. If I see something that looks like a value then I go ahead and make an initial purchase. If it keeps going down , I buy more. If it goes up I may still buy a little more to dollar cost average.

      I agree with you about Richard Kinder. He's been buying large chunks of KMI in the open market. That's a great sign if the owner thinks the stock is a bargain!

      Cheers!

      Delete
  3. Nice buy on KMI. ESV is starting to look really attractive also. I am a little heavy in energy type companies. I may nibble a bit anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Dividend Pipeline,

      Thanks! After yesterday's drop, ESV is looking really good to add to. If prices stay here through Monday I'll probably be adding to ESV next Tuesday. The stock looks way too cheap!

      I'm not sure if you watch Jim Cramer's, Mad Money, but I catch the shows every once in a while. I obviously take what he says with a grain of salt but earlier this week he did the show on one of Ensco's rigs, the ESV 99 in the gulf of Mexico that's leased out to Energy 21 or something like that for $250,000/day approx. It's nuts what the day rates are on these rigs but it was cool getting to see one of them up close on the show.

      Take care!

      Delete
  4. I also recently purchased KMI. $1000 on 3/7. I think it's a great value right now and I'm too deep into PM. If you're in the Boulder area again give me a shout.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wallet,

      Great purchase! I think shares are extremely attractive here especially in the midst of the current market. I also like PM, TGT and ESV here.

      I'll do that man. That was the first time I've been there though but I do plan to go back! It's a beautiful place.

      Thanks for dropping by!

      Delete
  5. So, so, so tempting right now. I am much too heavy in KMI but it is getting harder and harder to hold back! As Bryan said, Kinder has been loading up like WHOA and that is always a good sign.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. w2r,

      I'm also overweight and agree it's hard not to buy more and lower my cost basis. I also agree on the comment about Richard Kinder. That's a sign that gives me some comfort.

      Take care!

      Delete
  6. KMI and ESV are great right now. Will most likely buy more KMI tomorrow even if I am heavy on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi FabSavings,

      I agree with you. I just wish my portfolio wasn't already overweight in energy. ESV looks especially good after the drop yesterday. I plan to starting adding a little more.

      I took a look at your portfolio, we own a lot of the same companies. Keep up the good work!

      Take care!

      Delete
    2. Thanks! I did buy some KMI today ;) !
      Maybe some more ESV next week then...

      Delete
  7. Nice buy at a nice price. They are on my watch list and would like to own them one day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gareth,

      A great yield with decent expected growth. Plus the owner is putting a lot of his own money into buying the stock. I think it's a long-term winner.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete