Friday, March 28, 2014

Weekly Purchases



I'm reporting my automatic purchases for this week (03/25):


I Bought:

$400 of ESV

I used $400 in new capital and added $23.64/year to my dividend income.  This is an average yield of  5.9%.

Note:

I bought more ESV and lowered my cost basis slightly.  My purchases continue to be smaller for the next month as I close on a third rental and prepare for taxes.  My energy sector weighting is already a little larger than I'd like so I'll be looking for value outside of this sector.

Picture:

Just for some fun and to add some color I will be posting pictures of places I've been to.  It's also motivation to reach FI so I can travel and do what I want to when I want to.

This is a picture from a local antique shop.  I had never seen a Pepsi can like this before.  Apparently it's an early can from the 50's known as a "cone top" can.  I thought it was interesting and being a PEP shareholder I figured I'd take a picture of it.  You can't read the price tag but it says $295!

4 comments:

  1. Nice buy and lowering your cost basis. I wish I could get my tax refund soon. I want to buy ESV. It's gone up close to $5 recently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Richie,

      It's always great to lower your cost basis on a company that hasn't had fundamentals changed. Although slightly speculative, I believe ESV has huge potential for big gains. My only issue is that I'm a little overweight now.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. That's the most expensive can of Pepsi I've ever heard of! It doesn't appear to have been opened...

    Any thoughts to where you might go for your next purchase? Tough to find value right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey CI,

      I know, that's why I had to take a picture. Who knew Pepsi was creating value any many ways!

      I'm going to stick to positions I already own that are underweight. I don't plan on adding any new positions right now. However, if an opportunity does arise then that could change.

      Take care!

      Delete