One man's journey to financial independence through dividend growth investing.
Thursday, March 20, 2014
Weekly Purchases
I'm reporting my automatic purchases for this week (03/18):
I Bought:
$200 of KMI
$250 of ESV
I used $450 in new capital and added $25.73/year to my dividend income. This is an average yield of 5.7%.
My forward 12-month dividend income increased to $9668.51
Note:
I bought a little more of two energy companies that are both below my cost basis. I think both companies offer compelling value at current prices.
I still plan to keep purchases low until I close on my new rental and tax time is over.
Picture:
Just for some fun and to add some color I will be posting pictures of places I've been to. It's also motivation to reach FI so I can travel and do what I want to when I want to.
This is actually a picture of the construction going on in my new office building that I bought at the end of last year to move my business into. There have been a few delays but construction is going strong now and it should be finished in a couple of months.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

AAI,
ReplyDeleteNice yield on the two of these. I haven't done much research on KMI, but it seems to be a popular buy right now. CVX is a large % of my holdings so I've been looking outside of energy for new buys.
-RBD
Hey RBD,
DeleteI agree, these yields combined with some good growth prospects make them hard to turn down. Like you, I'm overweight in energy. I'm ok with this since I still have a lot of building to do and it will average out over time. I really like CVX as well. I think there's a lot of value in energy still.
Thanks for stopping by!