One man's journey to financial independence through dividend growth investing.
Sunday, April 20, 2014
I'm Moving My Blog to WordPress
So I've decided to make the transition to WordPress from Blogger. The time has now come. Since I've had Blogger, it has been a great learning experience and I'd still recommend it to anyone that plans on creating a basic blog. It's very easy to use and I'm happy to have had a free hosting service this entire time.
While I don't know the future of my blog, I do know that I'll continue posting updates in real-time. I also know that I want to be in full control of the content and actually have ownership over it. This is a big reason for the switch. The other big reason is functionality. I've had a difficult time getting buttons and plugins that I want on my blog to work properly and WordPress has a plethora of options I'm anxious to take advantage of.
So I picked up a cheap hosting plan for about $6.50/mo through my current provider but may have to upgrade it if I start getting many more pageviews. For now, I think it will work fine.
The transition should start Monday so I appreciate any patience as everything is switched over. I actually hired someone to make the transition seamless so there really shouldn't be any downtime. Just in case, I wanted my readers to be aware of what was going on.
The look and feel, however, will be changing over the next few weeks as I get to play around with many new plugins that I didn't have available. Hopefully, this should make viewing and navigation much easier.
For those of you that have had WordPress, I'd love to hear what your thoughts are about it? I'd also be curious to know what some of your favorite plugins are?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Good choice and best of luck to you!
ReplyDeleteBrent,
ReplyDeleteI think you'll really enjoy WP. I've been really impressed since moving over. I pay quite a bit for hosting, but it's totally worth it to me to own my platform.
Best of luck with the move!! :)
Cheers.
Good luck with the transition to WP. I've been using wordpress for a long time on some of my other sites it's been great but I'm actually thinking about doing the exact opposite. My hosting is $12 a month and I'd like to move to a free host but I'm not sure how to make the transition smoothly without losing any kind of page rank or search engine rank. I guess I have to do some research on it. Best of luck
ReplyDelete