Tuesday, March 19, 2013

New Purchase - TD, RDS.B, CAT


I'm reporting my automatic purchases for this week:

I bought:

$500 of TD
$500 of RDS.B
$500 of CAT

I used $1500 in new capital and added $65.58/year to my dividend income.  This is an average yield of  4.4%.

My forward 12-month dividends increased to $4720.52.

Note: After this week's purchase of RDS.B I'm done adding to RDS.B for a while as it's up to a full position.

4 comments:

  1. AAI,

    Nice buys here. I think TD is attractively priced here. I missed my chance on CAT in the fall when it was near $80. I waffled on that one. My fault.

    I'll have to take another look at RDS. I haven't checked it in quite a while because I believe they held the dividend static for a while there...so it was similar to TOT to me. I think both have raised their dividends relatively recently after a dry spell.

    Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey DM,

      I agree with you on TD and I also hope to get more WFC before it goes up too much more.

      CAT has a really high beta so I wouldn't be surprised to see a retest of the $80 level. I will be adding more shares on weakness.

      RDS seems to me to be cheap compared to its peers. They also have a very nice dividend. You are right about them not raising their dividends. They paid .84/quarter (ADS shares) for 12 quarters before raising to .86 in June of 2012. They are actually due for another raise for the June payment of this year. I hope it will be better than the last increase. They announced it on April 26th of last year so I expect an announcement next month.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Nice buys. I like seeing my annual dividends payout growing too. It is the best part of the game so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Martin,

      I agree with you. It's great motivation to see my expected dividend income increase every week. It's a great addiction to have!

      Best wishes

      Delete