Tuesday, March 12, 2013

New Purchase - TD, WFC, RDS.B

I'm reporting my automatic purchases for this week:

I bought:

$400 of TD
$400 of RDS.B
$400 of WFC

I used $1200 in new capital and added $48.50/year to my dividend income.  This is an average yield of  4.0%.

For some reason I either didn't post or deleted my post from last week on my blog about my automatic purchases so this is what I bought last week:

$475 of RDS.B
$1525 of TEVA

My forward 12-month dividends increased from $4607.56 to $4656.06.

Note: After last week's purchase of TEVA I'm done adding to TEVA for a while.  Especially after the small run in price; my cost basis is $37.98/share.

4 comments:

  1. I like the buys. I actually just sold a put on WFC this morning. I expect another dividend increase this year from them. Got to love the consistent buys adding to your dividend income. I've still got a ways to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah WFC has been on a run, I was hoping to pick up more before the price went up this much. Puts are definitely a good way to pick up additional shares at a cheaper price. I'll have to look at the WFC puts.

      It is nice to see my annual income go up every single week.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Nice buys AAI. I was just talking about WFC with a coworker today. It's cheap relative to Canadian banks. Also, RDS.b seems cheap at current prices. Josh Peters bought some last week - the morningstar dude. I'll be having a serious look at these stocks this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ADY,

      Thanks! I agree about WFC, too bad it keeps going higher as I wanted to buy more at cheaper prices. I think RDS.B is very attractive here also. It's on my list for another buy next week to bring it up to a full position. I believe energy, banking and the technology sectors have the best values at the moment.

      Take care!

      Delete