I originally sold sold 2 BBVA calls on January 11th. I sold 2 Jan 18 '14 BBVA $10 Calls @ 1.40. You can find that post here.
Shares of BBVA traded down to near $9 today so I decided to close out the Calls for a profit. So I bought-to-close 2 Jan 18 BBVA '14 $10 Calls @ .70.
I earned a profit of $140 before commissions in about 2 1/2 months. If BBVA continues down I may look to sell more puts. If BBVA heads back over $10/share then I will probably sell more calls.
BBVA continues to by my speculative banking play and is one of the banks I use locally. I do like the company long-term as they give nice international exposure. BBVA also has a nice yield of about 6% currently. I've done really well trading this stock and plan to keep trading as the market allows.
My total yearly profit from options is $1318. I now have 15 open options and my options tab has been updated here.
No comments:
Post a Comment