One man's journey to financial independence through dividend growth investing.
Thursday, March 7, 2013
Options Trade - Waste Management (WM)
Today I am reporting an options trade with WM on 03/07. I logged into my account to find that the WM Call I had sold was assigned. Considering the run WM has had and it was right before the ex-dividend date I'm not surprised they were called away early.
I posted my reasoning for selling the call here. I had already planned on losing the shares and have since replaced them with SO since WM acts as a utility anyways.
The Trade:
1.) 100 shares of WM called away
I originally sold a July 20 '13 $34 Call for $130 in premiums
I received $3400 + $130 in premiums for a total of $3530.
My cost basis was around $29 so I made a decent profit. Part of these shares will be taxed as long-term and part as short-term capital gains. This will be fun to calculate next year for taxes.
I currently have 16 open options positions and a total options profit of $1178 for 2013. My options page has been updated accordingly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment