Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Options Trade - LO


I originally sold 1 LO January 18 '14 $40 Put at $5.35.  You can find that post here.

Shares of LO have moved up a little since that trade earlier this month on March 7th.   I only waited about 20 days to close out the position for a nice gain.  So I bought-to-close this put for $3.75.

I earned a profit of $160 before commissions in less than a month!  My margin maintenance requirement for this put stayed around $800 so I earned 20% on my money in a short time.  This is an annualized rate of 269%!

I continue to be long LO and will continue selling puts on weakness.  I'm not worried in the short-term about the company and the potential for menthol bans.

My total yearly profit from options is $1478.  I now have 14 open options and my options tab has been updated here.

6 comments:

  1. You're pushing close to $5k in forward dividends, and that option income is great at $1,500 in the first quarter. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks PIP! I've surprised myself with the options income so far. I don't think I can hold that pace but I will sure try. As long as the market keeps going up I will be collecting a lot of put premiums.

      Take care!

      Delete
  2. Love this trade! Lock in those profits when the opportunity presents itself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi writing2reality,

      Thanks! I was up big in a short amount of time. I also still had two other puts on LO so I decided to close.

      Thanks for stopping by

      Delete
  3. AAI, I love this stock and as soon as I save more cash i plan adding more stock like this using puts. Options are a great tools if done carefully. Your 269% profit is outstanding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Martin. I like LO as well and it is a full position. I still have 2 more open puts though so I could end up with more shares. Both are in the positive so I may close those early also.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete