Friday, March 1, 2013

Options Trade - Lorillard (LO)


Today I am reporting an options trade from 02/27 with LO.  Shares of LO have been showing weakness with reports that flavored/menthol cigarettes could be banned.  I used this as an opportunity to sell another put.

The Trade:

I Sold 1 LO Sept 21 '13 $37.5 Put @ 2.97

This trade could turn out a few ways:

1) I hold shares until expiration and shares are trading above $37.50.  I will get to keep the $297 in options premiums.

2) I hold shares until expiration and share are trading below $37.50.  I will get assigned 100 shares of LO at a cost of $34.53/share.  This is a YOC of 5.87%.

3) Shares of LO go on a run and I decided to buy back the put early for a profit less than $297.

I currently have 15 open options positions and a profit of $1040 for 2013 so far.  My options page has been updated accordingly.


No comments:

Post a Comment