Wednesday, May 15, 2013

New Purchase - APD, TEVA, RDS.B


I'm reporting my automatic purchases for this week (05/14):

I bought:

$500 of APD
$500 of TEVA
$500 of RDS.B

I used $1500 in new capital and added $56.68/year to my dividend income.  This is an average yield of  3.8%.

My forward 12-month dividends increased to $5450.73.

Note:  I'm really out of good ideas in this market, I may be adding at a slower pace and accumulating a little cash in case of a pullback.

8 comments:

  1. I was looking over my watch list a few days ago and I realized there was almost nothing I would buy if I had new capital to invest now. I've also noticed that several stocks in my portfolio are setting new all-time highs week after week. It's definitely not a great time for value-oriented dividend growth investors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey DGM,

      You may have picked a good time to make your transition and hold off contributions. I believe a large correction is needed but it just hasn't happened yet. I've been consistently adding capital each week and making purchases but I plan to lower my contributions and build up some cash for better opportunities. A lot of companies are trading at historically high p/e ratios which as you mention makes it difficult to find value in this market.

      Thanks for dropping by!

      Delete
    2. That sounds like a good plan AAI. I think now might be the time to accumulate cash. My problem is that I already have too much cash :(

      There is basically nothing piquing my interest at the moment. I don't need to make another purchase till the end of June, hopefully the markets will cool off a bit by then.

      I haven't looked at TEVA in a long time, thanks for the idea!

      Delete
    3. Hi CI,

      Too much cash doesn't sound like the worst problem :)

      I agree though that there is limited value in the market so I'll be more selective until we get a pullback.

      No problem, they have a huge drug falling off patent but I like the generics business and they are the biggest player.

      Take care!

      Delete
  2. I like your APD purchase. I am saving more cash planning to add shares of this stock into my portfolio.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Martin,

      I think APD still presents a decent value in this market. There's not a lot to choose from. I do have a full position now so I will probably build up some cash.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. AAI,

    Great job continuing to stick to your plan! I admire your consistency and resolve. If I go without purchasing any stocks this month, it will be an extreme rarity for me. I'm still not sure I won't purchase anything at all, but if I do buy equity it will be much smaller than usual.

    Nice job finding some relative value. I agree that these names offer some of the slim value currently available.

    Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey DM,

      Thanks! I'm so glad I've adopted the DGI strategy. I want to make consistent purchases but like you I may start making smaller purchases until I can build up a decent cash position.

      I agree that all three of these companies offer a decent value in this market, but now I'm about fully allocated in them so I don't have many ideas without some type of correction.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete