One man's journey to financial independence through dividend growth investing.
Tuesday, May 28, 2013
New Purchase - CVX
I'm reporting my automatic purchases for this week (05/28):
I bought:
$1000 of CVX
I used $1000 in new capital and added $31.54/year to my dividend income. This is an average yield of 3.15%.
My forward 12-month dividend income increased to $5561.78.
Note: With a lack of value in this market I plan to make smaller investments each week and save up some cash.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I like CVX a lot, I was actually going to buy CVX but I just missed the ex-div date before I had the funds so I bought some LO instead. I plan to purchase CVX in the future though. It's a great dividend play with over 3% yield and it has around a 7.5% annual dividend growth rate for the last 30 years. Super low debt vs net earnings and low payout ratio which means they are likely to continue raising those dividends in the future.
ReplyDeleteHi Captain,
DeleteI like both LO and CVX. I definitely agree about CVX with you. They have a long track record of paying consistently increasing dividends and a nice dividend growth rate as you mentioned. It's really hard to find value in this market as you know. I continue to make regular purchases regardless of what the market is doing into solid companies that don't seem overpriced.
I don't think you've posted here before so thanks for stopping by! I just checked out your site and it looks like we own quite a few of the same companies. I'll be sure and keep an eye on what you are purchasing. It looks like you are making some great progress yourself.
Take care!
I think it is a good idea to reduce investments and pile the cash up. But it seems like we are slowing down and heading to a correction, so you may be able to use that cash soon (hopefully).
ReplyDeleteHi Martin,
DeleteI hope you're right about a correction. I will continue to invest regularly but with less capital in order to build up some cash.
Thanks for stopping by