Friday, May 31, 2013

Options Trade - Textainer Group (TGH)

I'm reporting a put I sold this week.  I set a limit order for TGH that was executed.  I picked some up as a speculative play and it's had a little recent weakness so I decided to sell a put.

I Sold 1 TGH Nov 16 '13 $35 Put @ 1.75

This trade could turn out a few ways:

1) I hold shares until expiration and shares are trading above $35.00.  I will get to keep the $175 in options premiums.

2) I hold shares until expiration and shares are trading below $35.00.  I will get assigned 100 shares of TGH at a cost of $33.25/share.  This price also corresponds to a yield of 5.5%.

3) Shares of TGH go on a run and I decide to buy back the put early for a profit less than $175.

I currently have 16 open options positions and a total options profit of $2544 for 2013.  My options page has been updated accordingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment