I Sold 1 TEVA Dec 21 '13 $37.50 Put @ 2.50
This trade could turn out a few ways:
1) I hold shares until expiration and shares are trading above $37.50. I will get to keep the $250 in options premiums.
2)
I hold shares until expiration and shares are trading below $37.50. I
will get assigned 100 shares of TEVA at a cost of $35.00/share. This
price also corresponds to a yield of just over 3%.
3) Shares of TEVA go on a run and I decide to buy back the put early for a profit less than $250.
I currently have 15 open options positions and a total options profit of $2257 for 2013. My options page has been updated accordingly.
Wow, $80 in 1 day would be nice, although I'm sure there's more to be had. That's pretty amazing that it jumped that much in just one day.
ReplyDeleteI'm really not sure how it happened. The price is still at 1.70 but now the ask is back up to 2.14. Either way I'm going to hold this one and see what happens. I'm willing to pick up another 100 shares of TEVA at that price.
DeleteIt could be due to the low open interest since it's a longer-term put. That's about all I can really think of. I was pretty busy today with one more put option and 2 purchases. I needed to make something and felt the 2 purchases were some of the better values currently, although definitely not without their issues.
Delete