Friday, July 12, 2013

2013 Goal Achieved - $3000 in Options Income


 With the closing of a BBL put this morning it has pushed my options income over the $3000 mark for the year which completes another one of my goals for 2013!

I never thought I'd collect this much in premiums with almost half the year left to go. The great part about this is that I've never held more than $13k in my options account.  That's a 23% return on my money in just over 6 months.  I do expect dividend income to eventually catch up and pass my options income but I'm sure going to try and keep the pace going.

I've already completed 3 out of my 8 goals so far this year.  All of my goals are posted on my goals tab.

4 comments:

  1. AAI, Congrats on your goal. It is an impressive milestone. I am only half your number, but growing it steady too. 23% return is excellent. If you will be able to maintain this number consistently over next 3 and a half years, you will double your account easily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Martin,

      Thanks! Actually that 23% isn't even annualized, my annualized return would be closer to 50%. However I don't expect the second half of the year to be as good. We had a huge run in the markets the first half which allowed me to close out a lot of puts for gains.

      Delete
  2. A rising market sure helps when selling puts. Glad you were able to take advantage of the opportunity in 2013!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Executioner,

      You are absolutely right. The big increase in the markets the first half of the year basically dropped the value of all puts I sold so I could buy them back for a profit. I don't expect the market to have that big of an uptick the second half of the year. You never know though.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete