Monday, July 22, 2013

Options Assignment - BBVA

I'm reporting an options assignment with BBVA.  I originally posted back on March 1st about selling three 07/20/13 puts @ $9.

On 07/20/13 I was assigned 300 shares of BBVA @ $9/share.  I also collected premiums of  $210 reducing my cost basis to $8.30/share not counting commissions.   This is a little higher than my cost basis of $7.09/share.  My new cost basis is $7.82/share.

I bank with BBVA and they also hold my primary mortgage.  They have one of the easiest to use online systems I've seen.  BBVA currently yields 6.4%.  They also have exposure in many countries, not sure Spain.  Morningstar has then rated 3 stars, a forward p/e of 8.2 and a PEG ratio of 0.2.  I've changed my stance from a speculative play to being long on BBVA.  These 300 share increase my total share of BBVA to 508.

I still have 6 puts outstanding with BBVA.  These can be found on my options page.

These additional 300 shares will increase my yearly dividends by $156/year and bring my 12-month dividend total to $6546.50.


No comments:

Post a Comment