One man's journey to financial independence through dividend growth investing.
Wednesday, February 27, 2013
Options Trade - Safeway (SWY)
Today I closed out a SWY put. I made $130 profit in exactly 2 months. SWY has been on a tear going from under $18/share to over $23.50 in about 3 months.
The Trade:
I bought-to-close 1 SWY Jun 22 '13 $17 Put @ .25
I now have 15 open options positions and a profit of $1040 for 2013 so far. My options page has been updated accordingly.
I also sold another put that I will mention soon but it is already posted on my options page.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Congrats on the result. I have SWY in my watch list thanks to your site which brought this stock to my attention. I studied the stock a bit and I am planning on using it for put selling too.
ReplyDeleteHey Martin,
DeleteSWY has had a huge run since I bought shares and sold a put. I now wish I hadn't sold the covered call. Oh well, I'll still make a profit either way. I'm glad it's on your radar, you seem to be really busy with the options trades which is nice to see.
Good luck and thanks for dropping by!
Some great options profitability so far this year AAI! I'm watching your CAT trade with interest. That was a very nice move
ReplyDeleteHi Integrator,
DeleteI am glad you like the trade. So far I've earned more in options income than from dividends. I'm not sure how long that can last but I'm having a lot of fun trying!
I have a couple more trades I'm reporting soon also so keep stopping by.
Take care!